tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thems some good spatulas

My mom gave me some of these heat resistant spatulas from Sam's Club(?). They are amazingly heat resistant when you bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour and a half. **Update: Okay, I'll dish.
I had a huge stack of dishes that I never got around to doing. Therapy was coming over, so I stuffed the stack in my oven. I made sure to take everything out that night before I preheated my oven (I ruined my blender once this way). I failed to notice that my spatula was still in there.

5 comments:

  1. Now why would you put that in the oven?? Testing the product yourself??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I've heard of people who stash stuff in the oven, and in the fridge when company all of the sudden shows up. I tried it back at BYU and it backfired on me. I stashed some things in the fridge and guess where my father-in-law went . . right to the fridge. I was so embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great trick..I would never try it though...with my luck, I would fry the stuff for sure, or wonder what was stikin so bad a week later...depending on my mood towards cooking that week.

    SO FUNNY! I love it when women can tell on themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I have a habit of turning on the wrong burner on the oven and not realizing until something sitting on the burner (plate or glass pan) starts to smoke.

    Multitasking is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That totally sounds like something I'd do, infact, I have. I used to hide stuff in the oven that I had bought so my husband wouldn't find it. Well, one day, I turned on the oven and a few minutes later I smelled it. Plastic bag, melted all over my new stuff. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete