tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Thursday, September 25, 2008

National Emergency!

Sara! Renee! Amy! Anyone else out there that quilts....read me now....HELP me now!!!! I am making this quilt. Made with these luscious fabrics. Although I never got the fabric that I won, I bought some any way. All this is really beside the point. The point is....
(warning...cell phone pictures edited in Picasa) I turned on my iron today, and it started spewing this {look down}
AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! What am I supposed to do? I can't just throw it in the wash, nothing is back-stitched. Please, somebody, help! This is a national emergency!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried spot washing it? I would use warm water and vinegar at first and dab at the spots with another cloth (don't rub). If the vinegar doesn't work up your game to fels-naptha soap or shout or something like that.

    Good luck! I hope it's ok I responded, I am sure I'm not the Amy you were calling for.

    Amy J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world is wrong with your iron?? This is why I don't iron things, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. Try that other Amy's advice. Looks like a cute quilt though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! I just saw this! your iron needs to be cleaned. This happened to me too! Some irons have self-clean and others you just have to figure out I guess- but your darling quilt is not lost. try what Amy said- or you could also pretreat it with shout or whatever and then when your quilt is finished, wash it but make sure the stain is gone before you dry it. (keep washing if it's not) Keep us updated! I want to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, and try oxy-clean. that stuff is amazing. You could soak it after it's all sewn, before you wash it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Oxy-Clean works wonders!
    I'm so sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't help you hear...um...there's a really great place in Sevierville TN that sells very cheap mass produced quilts if the Oxy doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete