tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Monday, March 30, 2009

Salsa--oh soo good!

This (canned tomato!) salsa recipe will hold you off until the garden tomatoes are ready, I guarantee it!
You will love it, love it!
I got this recipe from A sister-in-law....Heather A? Jordan? Jenny? Heather J? (who by-the-way, has an awesome guacamole-salsa recipe that I need her to give me...hint...hint. I tried to duplicate it at home, by memory, to no avail)
I can't remember/don't know who is the original source of this yumminess!
Here is how I make it (I don't have the actual recipe , I never measure when I cook, and I add a lot of extras):
2 whole cans (about 14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
2 green onions
1/2 jalapeno
3? Tablespoons cilantro (about a 1/4 of the bunch)
1-2 Tablespoons lime juice
shake of garlic powder
shake of ground cumin
shake of chili powder
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl combine everything but one can of tomatoes. I use my immersion hand blender to chop everything up because I melted my real blender in the oven about four years ago and I haven't got a new one since. (I some times to experiment with heat and plastic.) Once there are no large chunks left, add the remaining can of tomatoes and pulse your blender a couple times (I like to leave the second can of tomatoes almost intact). Taste and add more salt/lime/spices/herbs if necessary.
Does this make sense? I am not very good at writing down recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment