tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Friday, March 6, 2009

um...okay?

There are times in my life when an "um...okay?" is in order.

Like today, when I was talking to my diagonal back yard neighbor and my next store neighbor (NSN) at the same time. It turns out they are kin (kentucky vocabulary for related). Then, NSN's mom shows up. NSN immediately throws her cigarette behind her and mutters, "I'm not smoking."

As the catching up between kin continues, NSN notices that she has slowly wondered upon her stray, still-smoking butt. She picks it up with a look of disgust on her face and throws it past the nearby property stake onto our lawn. While this is happening, I look at her mom, she looks at me, and NSN avoids all of our looks. (this all happened in slow motion, by the way). And the conversation resumes.

This is when I think to myself, "Um...okay?"

4 comments:

  1. Aaaah, that's horrible and so awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWKWARD! That is the one word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be an interesting postition to be put in...but I always thought that it was
    "next door neighbor" ;0)love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! woops! As much as I proof read this, you would think I would have caught it :)

    ReplyDelete