tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Thursday, April 16, 2009

vinaigrette

Hard word to spell, isn't it? Thank goodness for spell check!

Paul is not a fan. I, on the other hand, am a ceiling fan.

Lame joke, please feel free to roll your eyes.

In the last month, I have been fortunate enough to receive 2 great recipes for vinaigrettes.

One from scratch, the other from a mix.

Both delicious!

First-- Balsamic Vinaigrette (I had this amazing salad dressing on an amazing salad at our Relief Society B-day party last month.)
Buy an Italian Dressing packet at the store and follow all of the directions exactly, except substitute Balsamic vinegar for your regular vinegar. Delish!

Second-- Honey Mustard Dressing (A long two years ago, I had lunch with friends. Renee served this super salad. Then Renee moved and I thought I had lost this salad forever. I am so glad I have the recipe now! Thanks! Maybe she will post her lasagna recipe...;))

Here is the whole salad recipe, thank me (and Renee) later:

Renee's Salad is a Meal:


1 bag mixed salad greens
crumbled blue cheese or feta
2 handfuls of craisins (Ocean Spray is the best)
3-4 chopped green onions
sweet and spicy walnuts
honey mustard dressing

-Layer and enjoy.


Sugared walnuts:

-Make a simple syrup (water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat) and add a pinch of dried red pepper. Stir in walnuts and stir until the liquid is gone and the walnuts are coated with white sugar. Then put them on a cookie sheet and bake for just a few minutes at 350. Cool.

Honey Mustard Dressing:

1/2 C apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP of coarse ground Dijon mustard
5 TBSP of honey
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
1 green onion minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 C extra virgin olive oil

-Shake it up really well or put it in a food processor. Chill and pour over your salad. This is really good served with crispy chicken strips too! I hope you all try it and like it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you're welcome. I love this salad too and will post my lasagna recipe soon. It's the Giada de Laurentis recipe, so if I forget, you can get it on foodnetwork.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted a really good cake recipe on my blog if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be trying those! Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete