tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Craft Bug is Back

I think that my craft bug is finally back. It went away with a vengeance when I had morning, noon, night and every time in between sickness! Here is what I have been up to this last month. I crocheted this blanket on a "I really need to do something with my hands while I watch season premieres, but what do I have to work with now so I don't have to go to the store" night. I used a triple crochet stitch through the whole blanket so that I could weave ribbon throughout. I still need to heat set the ends of the ribbon, as you can see in the picture. I think the baby will enjoy munching on the ends!
I bought this froggy hemmed stitched blanket at the fabric store and simply crocheted a border. I wanted to try to do something a little elaborate, but my fat fingers did not like the tiny crochet hook, so I gave up and finished it simply.
These are a couple rag burp clothes and a changing pad. A friend of mine made me these changing pads, in blue, for my first baby. I needed, okay, wanted some pink ones. I loved these with my boy and have since made a few for other people as baby gifts.
Okay! I will stop with the PINK baby things! Here are a couple pillows that I finished this weekend. I love them!
And in my long search for ties for my handsome little toddler, I finally made a pattern for one. This one needs some interfacing on the back to make it more sturdy. I am so excited to finish it and for my little buddy to wear it to church!


2 comments:

  1. WOW! You've been busy! I love when the crafty bug hits you! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate crafts! Well, I hate doing them but you are way talented! I love the crocheted blanket! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete