tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pseudo Sidewalk Chalk

The sidewalk chalk had been neglected to be put away (hid) the other day. Dallin found it and really wanted to color. I didn't want to go outside at the moment so we got out some black paper and colored at the kitchen table. I later noticed that it was raining outside, so I didn't feel too bad about not taking the chalk outside.
Dallin has so much fun and made a huge mess. But I found out that chalk is really easy to clean up, BONUS! It doesn't stain clothes, walls, carpet, or anything else that a marker or even a crayon would. Coloring with chalk is now our favorite thing to do! Of course he got chalk dust all over his face and he was really cute about it! He loved to see his name written and also LOVED the cars and trucks (his latest obsession) that I tried to draw for him.
We showed Paul our art when he got home from work that night. We thought that this would make a great quiet time activity to do during general conference. It turns out, Paul was more interested in coloring with chalk during conference than Dallin was. He drew me a really pretty flower and then was embarrassed when I took a picture of it!


1 comment:

  1. Everytime I check your blog, I feel like I'm behind and have to catch up. I've tagged you on my blog so you better check it out :)

    ReplyDelete