tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Dirty Trick" water

Paul curses me and his mother during the Holidays. His mom taught me how to play this Dirty Trick.
"Oh! Smells GREAT!.....{after a long day at work, Paul walks into the kitchen}......Curse you and my mother!! What a dirty trick!"
He thinks I bake! he he he
The Dirty Trick Water Culprits:
water
cinnamon
cloves
ginger
nutmeg
oranges
apples
{any of the above can be used or not used, fresh or dry--except the water, of course, always use the water}
I have a BIG bottle of cinnamon from my mom's cupboard, circa 1994 (I swear!) reserved just for this purpose.
I wasn't baking. I was cutting paper. And stapling instead of gluing.
I like short cuts. And the way these slowly twirl in the air.

My house smells yummy and it's starting to feel a lot like Christmas.
At least inside it is.

8 comments:

  1. The paper cuteness totally justifies the dirty trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so totally cute! maybe I'll try my hand at them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dirty trick! And those paper things are really cute. You are a crafty diva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those paper globes! You are always such an inspiration of craftiness. I am going to add those to my list of things I want to make :)
    And I did play in the snow, but there was no way I was going to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love simmering spices even if it does give the illusion of some serious baking.
    And I am totally going to make those paper decos- they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little twirly things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, how many different designs of paper did you use on each globe??

    ReplyDelete