tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Friday, November 28, 2008

You might be shocked to find out ...

...that I didn't spend a single cent today. I didn't venture out on Black Friday. Nope. Nada. Zero. Zip. (Me? Not shop? Insane, right?) This year it will be a "Do we need it?" Christmas. (The only thing we need is food storage, so that's what we are getting.) Everything else will be handmade. Simplify is our new motto. We have been so blessed this year with Paul's job, our health (not including these horrible colds/coughs that stretch on forever), happy children, wonderful family and friends (I could keep naming all our blessings, but it would get long) that we have decided to simplify things. Including: canceling Satellite TV (gulp), saying goodbye to our DVR (double gulp), bye-bye faster Internet, sianara caller ID (I won't be answering my home phone any longer ;). It's all just a matter of setting the final date (which we have, but avoid talking about) and DOING IT. That will be the hardest part.

5 comments:

  1. The DVR would be the hardest thing for me to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW!! You guys are amazing! Kudos to you for being so awesome and simplifying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome! I didn't go out on Black Friday either, didn't want to fight the crowds. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I did go out on black Friday but not at some crazy time in the morning!! I waited and went out in the afternoon and I have to admit I got some pretty darn good deals.:) Leave it to Wal-mart for their lovely ad matching even in the madness can you believe it? I was so impressed with my mad skills at getting the insane deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black Friday is my worst nightmare!!! I would have a nervous breakdown if I ventured out. Maybe working retail for a couple years scarred me forever.

    Love the simplifying! Wanna be wanna be like the Duncans.

    ReplyDelete