tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Square foot gardening

Let me remind you of our garden woes last year.

This year, we decided to try something different.

Paul's dad, who is always ahead of his time, has been doing sqaure foot gardening for years now and always has success.
We went here and here and checked out Mel's book at the library.
We have a box below our deck.
(2 feet by 11 feet)

On top of our deck.

(6 inches by 2 feet)

We mapped out every square on grid paper and we label and date everything.

My mom sent me pretty gardening gloves so that my dainty little hands don't get too dirty.

Then the wise man build his gardens in some beds.....

(4 feet by 8 feet each)

and the rains came tumbling down!
The rains came down and the floods came up

and the gardens in the beds stood still!
THANK GOODNESS!
Hopefully, this year will pay off and we will get some good produce!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys don't mess around! Let me know how the square foot gardening works, I have never known anyone to actually do it. I am curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! I've been waiting to put our beds in because of all this rain! I guess it's good, considering the drought we've been experiencing. You all did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your garden boxes didn't end up down stream! I love raised gardens. They really cut down on the weeding!I am anxious to see how your square foot gardening goes. I should just go and pick Stu's brain next time we are in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete