tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Three ingredients and you put jam on it.

Dinner roll? Biscuit? Whatever you want to call these, it only calls for 3 ingredients, and you put jam on them.

Here's the scoop:

I was trying to find a no-yeast recipe for bread this afternoon. I was given a KitchenAid Standmixer for Mothers Day by my oh-so-very hunky and smart husband (and children), and I wanted to inaugurate it with some bread! The only problem was that I had no yeast, and it being Sunday, I couldn't go to the store.

It turns out that I had yeast in the freezer, so I made a quick-start-keep-the-dough-in-the-fridge-for-2-to-12-hours recipe that came in the instruction manual. Maybe once in a while I should read a recipe the whole way through.

It's in the oven as we speak and if this works out, I can hopefully build up some confidence and start trying all the great recipes that you all sent us with our plea for a great wheat bread recipe.

Back to my search for no yeast bread. I found this recipe for dinner rolls. It sounds a bit weird, but Paul made them for dinner and they turned out pretty good! It uses self-rising flour, so I am not sure how they will turn out with out that kind.

Here's the recipe that we made, doubled, with a couple modifications (SUPER EASY!):

Miss Betty's Super Quick Dinner Rolls

INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons mayonnaise

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If you are not using a nonstick muffin pan, grease 10 cups of a regular muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, milk, and mayonnaise. Spoon into the 10 prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until nicely puffed and browned.

We decided that these can be made into "Red Lobster" biscuits if you add some shredded cheddar cheese, garlic salt and parsley to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment