tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dinner for one... and 1/2

Boy, it is late and I am tired. I often put off going to bed, just for the quiet time that I get all by myself. Dallin took a nap from 1pm to 5pm, I couldn't stand to wake him up. It was a great afternoon for me. One of those nap times where nothing got done but vegging. And oh, how I love to veg after a mentally exhausting morning full of toddler. The long and late nap resulted in a late bed time. After three attempts of putting a screaming little boy into bed and then pulling him out of bed, he finally got to bed at 9:30. I am a big fan of the 7 o'clock bed time, but tonight, we snuggled together on the couch watching Arthur and American Idol late into the night. There is nothing better than a snuggle. I have been jonesin' for some fresh garden produce lately. That's not happening, however, so I opened up a can of diced tomatoes and made dinner for one and a half. The half comes from Dallin sitting on my lap, poking and prodding my bruschetta and nibbling every piece of bread on the plate. Here is my "lazy woman's a little of this, a little of that" version of bruschetta:

One can of diced, peeled tomatoes
A little salt and ground pepper
A little dried parsley
A little dried oregano
A lot more dried basil
A little garlic powder
A shot of balsamic vinegar
About a tablespoon of dried onions

Combine and chill long enough for flavors to meld and for dried ingredients to rehydrate (this makes me feel REALLY lazy, but it works) then return to room temperature to eat. I sprinkled a bit of parmesan cheese on top as well.

For the bread I drizzled extra virgin olive oil on the slices of yummy multigrain mini french bread and put it under the broiler until toasty. I then rubbed the bread with a clove of garlic. Then top the bread with the tomatoes and eat it all up, soooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment