tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rye Bread and Sour Cream

Paul and I are self-proclaimed foodies. We love to cook and we love to eat. We love to try new foods and find that with everything we eat, we review as though we were food critics getting paid. We're not too picky ;) We love walking down the international food aisle at the grocery store and look at everything there is to offer. We bought rye bread the other day, purely by accident. It was yummy and is very tasty toasty! I think I might try to make some now.
I think this is all rubbing off on Dallin, all but the eating part. He's in his picky stage, but that's another story. Lately, he insists on helping with the preparation of every meal. I usually don't mind, unless I am in a hurry. He will stand on our step stool and I will let him dump ingredients into a bowl or pan. Or I will give him a plastic knife and he will cut onions with watery eyes. He'll look at me and say, "eye, eye, eye!!" and go back to cutting. He even makes a mean chocolate chip cookie!
The other night, I made fajita soup for dinner. Dallin opted out, so I made him a turkey sandwich. As Paul and I were busy garnishing our soup, I gave Dallin a spoonful of sour cream. He loves to eat this stuff plain, like yogurt.

I thought the spoonfull of sour cream would go right into his mouth. Instead, he would dollop a bit onto his turkey sandwich, just like mom and dad.

2 comments: