tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Key Lime Pie and Cafe "Me-O"

Everytime we have the missionaries over for dinner, I make the same thing. "Cafe Me-o" and Key Lime Pie. We never get sick of it, I hope they don't. It's enough to make anyone's mouth water. If you are one of the few, unfortunate souls who do not have the recipes, here they are.

Key Lime Pie (easiest recipe you will EVER come by)

1/2 cup key lime juice (or lime, lemon, I've substituted both)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 oz. cream cheese
lime rind, optional

Mix the above ingredients with your electric beaters and pour into your favorite graham cracker crust. Freeze or regridgerate. (I always use fat free ingredients and no one is the wiser;)

These next recipes I found searching the internet, jonesin' for a sweet pork salad and knowing that it was 1700 miles out of reach. I have adjusted them to my own liking.

Sweet Pork

1 pork roast
salt & pepper, a shake here, a shake there
1 garlic clove, minced or a few shake, shakes of the garlic powder
enchilada sauce, small can (14 oz?)
brown sugar (1/4 to 1/2 cup-- too sweet, or not too sweet)
1 can coke (diet, caffeine free works, too)
1 small can green chilies
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, diced really small

Pour all the ingredients into your crock pot and cook until pork is pull-apart tender (high 4-5 hrs, low 7-8 hours). Shred pork into the sauce.

Green Chili Rice

4 t chicken bouillon
4 t garlic –minced or garlic powder
1 can green chiles
¾ t salt
1 T olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped fine (onion powder works well here, I only used 1/2 tsp.)
Add all ingredients with your rice and make your rice according to your rice package (make 3-4 servings).

Tomatillo Dressing

1 ranch dressing packet, make ranch according to the package directions
2 tomatillos or 1/4 cup salsa verde
½ bunch of cilantro
1 clove garlic or the shake, shake of the powder
Juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeƱo

Blend everything in food processor or blender and then refrigerate to thicken.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You're quite the cook my dear! :) I'll have to try that out

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie seems really yummy! I will have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am indebted to you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete