tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ATTN: Helen--I did it!

After one year and two months, I FINALLY finished Dallin's blanket.
I am normally a chronic non-finisher of projects, but I was determined to finish this one that I started when my in-laws were last here in July '08. They are now due to visit (WOOT WOOT!) next month, so I had to finish before Helen and Stu and 'lil baby Brady came.
Based on an idea from my friend Sara to cut up old shirts, I got most of the top fabric from my best friend, Goodwill.
This blanket was sometimes a major pain in the b-u-t-t. And my little $60 sewing machine was a trooper quilting this puppy! At one point, I had to cut the whole blanket in half just to continue quilting. It was my first time sewing on bias binding, so that is a little wonky, but I am so pleased with the outcome. Yes, I am a dork and so very proud of it.

The best part: Dallin loves it and that makes me so happy.
I told Paul, though, that if Dallin didn't like it, I would sleep with it!

6 comments:

  1. That is way cute! I'm impressed. Gold star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm amazed at anyone who can work a sewing machine and say words like bias binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! Great job. So when are you having company? WE STILL need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOO impressed. It really does look professionally quilted! Good job, you crafty Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,
    What a woman! That is just so cute. I just mended the cow blanket that all the boys tied for their Dad and that was a major project. The quilt is now half the size as the batting was all falling out, but I have to agree the binding was the worst part. I called my home ec sister,Jean, and she told me about the bias binding and how to do it right, but I just zig-zaged it anyway. Who says there is a right way to do things? It was a lot more fun than cleaning the spice cupboard. Anything to keep from doing cleaning projects. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing!!!! I don't know if I'll ever try making something that big :)

    ReplyDelete