tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Thursday, September 17, 2009

this it what happens....

when I don't feel good and my back hurts (google says kidney stone, I say bad gas...you asked...no, you really didn't, sorry...but I don't get kidney stones, my sisters do...either way, I hope I feel better in the morning) and Paul is working 2nd shift tonight so I can't tell, I mean ask, him to pick it all up. My kids like to leave me little presents ALL OVER THE FLOOR!
So I plop them in front of their healthy and nutritious macaroni and cheese gourmet dinner and run upstairs to hide for 10 minutes and make this super-duper cheap and cute dish towel dress (2/$2.50 dish towels from Target). Ellie was more than happy to wear and model the "piddy dess" on top of her jammies, all while sporting her very first black eye!

I made a couple mods, like the 3 inch slits on both sides at the bottom, as well as gathering the sides to give it more body.
(As far as sizing goes, Ellie is in 24 month clothes and this is big on her, thus the gathering.)

I have to say, however, that this is my favorite part of the whole thing: the ONE DOLLAR pair of leggings, also from Target. They are a size 6-12 months, but for $1 I risked buying them to see if they would fit...and they do!

They had black and purple as well--go to Target right now!
Target also has their College09 merchandise on sale...plenty of bargains to be had, my frugal friends!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are in pain and don't feel well but you choose to go sew a dress! So INSPIRING!! I would have taking a 10 minute nap. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duncan Family!! Wow you guys are so dang creative. Love the cuteness and the crazy talent, I wish I had just a little of it. So we are really missing you guys! I always get very homesick for you guys and the rest of the family every fall. It's just not the same without you guys here. I really wish I was coming out there. I really got so excited thinking that we might be able to come out and visit so I am still trying to work something out but it's not looking that promising. Hope you are all doing well. Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are creative. So cute. I want to see the whole ensemble.

    I wanted to point out that your kitchen is very tidy and neat. Also my living room looks like that on a regular basis!

    Hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is adorable!
    Kidney stones? at your young age? I'm so sorry!!!!
    That is a very awesome mess by the kids :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I miss you tons and I see your parent's house everyday which makes me miss you more! Ahhh the memories!

    ReplyDelete