tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Lair...

The obligatory disclaimer: This is Paul. Kristen is kind enough to not mind when I post occasionally. In fact, she doesn't even edit or censor me (too much).

Anyway ... In case you haven't noticed our household has come down with a serious case of the crafties. Ok, well, not so much the house as the matriarch. As of late, anything that is not exactly as she likes it gets spray painted. Now that I think about it, I am surprised she hasn't sprayed me yet!

I got home from work around 7 PM the other night. While this isn't horribly uncommon; the fact that Kristen and the kids weren't waiting at the door was. Typically, Dallin and Ellie won't even let me put away my backpack or hang up my keys before wrestling me to the ground with their hugs (I act a little put out by it, but I really look forward to it every single day).

I walked into the house. Put my backpack and keys away and tried to figure out where my family was. I walked upstairs and discovered mass hysteria-- in the form of Dallin and Ellie's rooms being merged.

Our house is a three bedroom and when Ellie was born Dallin moved from the nursery (so to speak) and into our office/library/computer/sewing/scrap booking/Spare Oom. Kristen's old stomping ground had been taken over by a three year old. At the time it really wasn't that big of a deal as we were still busy with Ellie as a newborn and our spare time was still being eaten by our old friend DVR. But in this post-newborn Ellie/DVR world we now live in, Kristen had determined that enough was enough.

By 9:00 PM we had the kid's new, shared room completed and the other room a complete wreck. It took a few more days, but the new office/library/computer/sewing/scrap booking/spare oom (anyone catch the reference?) is now complete.

The door is closed and the kids are not allowed in (although this rule has only loosely been enforced). Kristen and I have a new Lair. Okay, okay. So it is really Kristen's crafty lair, but she may let me in once in a while.

5 comments:

  1. We recently joined the big kids and are still having major issues at night. Mostly me and Steve seething mad that they won't go to sleep, anyway how are Dallin and Ellie going? BTW, yay for a grown-up room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! You sound just like us, all three kids in one room and then all Nate's medical crap and my craft stuff in our spare oom ;)!! (Yeah for Narnia!! :)) How are your kids doing with the adjustment? It has been almost 3 months and we are still having issues... but that is mainly due to Luke having to get up at the crack of dawn to go to school!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ladies! We have major issues at night. We put Ellie to bed, and like the angel that she is, she goes straight to bed. Dallin, on the other hand FIGHTS going to sleep at night period and will not go to sleep without Paul or me right next to him. So, for now, we put him to sleep in our bed, then transfer him. I do love it in the morning, because Ellie wakes up at 7 am and in the process of her singing and bouncing happily in her crib, wakes Dallin up. I am so glad for this because if I wake him up for school, he is a BEAR!

    Good luck Mandy and Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having my kids together. But they have been that way since Mara was 2 months old. So they know no difference. Yippee for the craft room! I wish I had one. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! With my new little one, we lost our office/organization room and I am stressing trying to figure out how to keep myself organized now.

    ReplyDelete