tip toe threads

because most of it happens when the chillens are sleepin

**

****

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I was just going to window shop, I promise!

I know, I know. No more new projects. I dropped Dallin off at school this morning and I was going to stop in the thrift store that is down the road...just to look. If they have a big, chunky picture frame, then I would think about it, but only think. BUT THEN............ the sweet little lady at the front desk informed that a grocery bag full of WHATEVER I could fit into it was a DOLLAR. Sorry, Paul, all bets are out the window with that kind of deal!
I got everything on this table for only 5 George Washingtons, my friends! Even those of you who hate seeing the junk I buy can appreciate that, right? A can of spray paint can go a long way on some of these puppies!
30 books!
(and the ugly wood tulip? this one might get tossed....but it never hurts to cover it in metallic silver paint just to see what it would look like.)
A little TLC and this mirror will be perfect for my kitchen. This didn't really fit into a bag, but the nice lady gave it to me for a dollar!
Should I keep these black?

6 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed and can't wait to see your before and after pictures of what you do with everything. You are such a projecteer!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! Thrift stores rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to love the fill the bag for a dollar deal!! It's great. I love the candlesticks and I say leave them black, but why not experiment with all sorts of ideas and if you hate it spray over it!! Now I've got the itch for a good project. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really know how to pack a grocery bag! I like the tulips! You could let the kids "plant" and "pick" them to their hearts content (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because of you, I have totally gotten into the thrift store-refurbishing thing. I've only been once, but oh what fun. Score with the dollar a bag deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark and April SullivanSeptember 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM

    A thrift store mama, too, eh??? Yahoo!! I'm not alone. Yes, I'd keep those black.

    ReplyDelete